Friday, February 13, 2015

Family Visit

Today was a great day.  We were having company visit us from Mesa, Arizona.  The company was special in that there were 2 of my first cousins from Saskatchewan, one of whom I've never met before, and the other I met about 26 years ago.

We were busy.  I was cooking up a storm, and Gerard was doing some cleaning and other odd jobs.  We had been hoping it would be nice today since we really needed to eat outside.  Cramming 5 people into our RV around our table is doable, but not very comfortable.  I made lasagna, which means the oven had been going, so it was quite warm inside too. I also had an antipasto plate, and Caesar salad.  And I went all out and made an apple crumble cake.  Yum.

Well, fortunately, it was absolutely beautiful today.  They arrived around 1:30, and we all hit it off very well.

Here are the 3 cousins - left to right - Kathy, Laura, me.


These cousins are on my Dad's side of the family.  3 families are represented here, my Dad, his sister Edith (Laura), and his sister Flora (Kathleen).  Kathy and Laura both grew up in Saskatchewan, which is why we never got to know them.


We're sitting out enjoying the day.


That's Don on the right, Kathy's husband.


All in all, it was a great visit.  We plan to go to Phoenix at some point within the next couple of weeks.  We'll go visit them when we're up there.


No comments:

Post a Comment